Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday DOUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Doug--a outdoors man--in Michigan last year visiting Grandma Smith.
At Doug's birthday last year in Cape Town, South Africa.  Most of Doug's extended family was there to celebrate...good memories.
It's blurry, yes, but this was so much fun.  This is Doug on New Years Eve this last year (2007) at Avenue des Champs-Elysees in Paris, France.  Bon a Nu!! Happy New Year? 
And, here he is leading me on an adventure to Thailand for our honeymoon!!!!!  One of my favorite places on earth!!! 
 
Happy Birthday to my AMAZING Husband!!!!! 

Today, we celebrate my husband, Doug.  Anyone, who really knows Doug knows he is a a man of great love, strength, integrity, faith, loyalty, adventure, joy, determination and belief.  I could expand on these and his many qualities in depth with fascinating stories in Doug's life, and I would still not be able to explain what a great man God made.  I am one blessed woman to get to spend my life with him!  :)

Through his actions alone, Doug has challenged me to understand love in a deeper way, to understand what it means to never give up, and what it means (sacrifice and all) to truly stand up for what I believe in,  and to make yours dreams (no matter how BIG or small) a reality--channeling your passion into hard work and dedication.  My Mom has always said to me that when I met Doug he turned on a light inside of me.  And, not only do I think she was right, but I think his unselfishness and sincere belief and love for others has turned on a light in many people's lives.  I cannot even tell  you how many times over the years I have heard a friend, one of our family members, or one of Doug's co-workers tell me how Doug encouraged or challenged them through words or his actions.  

Obviously,  I LOVE this man.  He's fantastic and we are having a blast celebrating him today and resting and enjoying this beautiful day in Madison.  We just got back from brunch and hitting golf balls at the golf range (one of Doug's favorite things to do on a day off) and we are soon headed to a lovely French restaurant  here in Madison called "Sardine" and thoroughly enjoy some homemade Chocolate birthday cake!  Happy Birthday HUBBY!

Love Always, Kate--PFBC
  
P.S. Above are just a few of my favorite pictures of Doug....more pictures to come (if I can remember to bring my camera tonight--hehe) of Doug's celebration. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo girl...we're talking about taking a trip your way...