Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite (Fashionable) Finds Friday

Happy Friday!

Doug was back to work today, and he is now worn out!  I know his body is still recovering from the surgery, but we are glad he feels a little bit better everyday.  And, we are thankful for weekends!

Alright, I am always researching fashion trends, fun & unique items, and great buys.  So, here are a few that I found lately that I love!

First, recently, my wonderful tech-savvy husband bought me an I-Phone, which I am still trying to figure out, by the way. And, I found the cutest I-Phone/I-Pod/cell phone cases by  Chloe Dao.  I love this case with its black and white houndstooth design, but when you look closer you can see that the houndstooth design is actually hundreds of miniature High Heels designed in such a way to look classy and cute.  And, from a non fashion-first standpoint, it really is a super comfortable case and its design allows very easy use of the touch-screen. Love this item!  Chloe Dao has a deal with Kohls Department store, so you can now order her item online or pick one up at your local Kohls store.  I believe the case costs $29.98. Here's the link to her products.

Find #2 
I have the hardest time finding Stylish luggage tags.  Then, I was introduced to the designs of retro & eclectic designer, Anne Taintor, at a boutique this fall in Boulder, CO.  All of her items are retro-cute and humorous.  Among other items, she designed coin purses, card holders, cards, magnets, purses, and, of course,  my favorite...her luggage tags. I receive a lot of compliments on these.  The price of these tags are $8. Here is the link: 

Find #3
Trader's Joe's Lavender Scrub.  It is the BEST--really, it is!  It's $6.95 for a tub that lasts months.  The strong fresh lavender oil smells awesome. And for anyone who pays attention to celebrities, Jennifer Aniston raves about this particular Trader Joes scrub also. Hey, it's great and it works!  I could not find a link, but you can find this item in the soap/personal items aisle at any Trader Joe's store. 

Find #4 
O.P.I.'s nail color in Russian Navy.   I love love this color! Dark nail colors have been trendy for some time now, but for spring, we need to put our black and brown based dark nail colors aside, and use a dark Blue/Purple dark .  This dark shade is fresh and current.  Here's the link:  http://www.opi.com/Russian.asp

Find #5
Rose Gold Flats at Target.  What a steal?!  These flats by designer  Loeffler Randall , will only be available for a limited time and they are a "must have" on a lot of style guru's lists for spring. Enjoy! Here's the link: 

Also, I have heard a few people mention that they are still looking for Ugg boots, but everyone is out of stock.  Well, I looked on Zappos.com and there are still Ugg boots in most every color available (as of yesterday anyway).  Hope this helps!

Enjoy! 

I am heading out to catch a movie....so, have a wonderful weekend!  
~Kate

2 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I love this!! Will this be weekly? I love fashionable finds!! :) Good to keep up with you guys on the blog! I love the worldwide web! :) Hugs to you today!!

Kate said...

Hey Sarah!

SO awesome to hear from you! Yep, every week, I will do the "Friday Fashions" piece.

Hugs to you too!
Kate