Monday, December 22, 2008

:) BEAMING :)



Photography is a small voice, at best, but sometimes one photograph, or a group of them, can lure our sense of awareness.
W. Eugene Smith quotes


Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
Aaron Siskind quotes

This was my early Christmas present from the hubby (Can you tell I am excited and BEAMING??--LOL) !!! :)


Doug, thank you SO MUCH for always surprising me and encouraging my passions. :) :) :) Those of you who know me, know that I have been wanting a Digital SLR for a long long LONG time (This one is a Nikon D90). I LOVE taking pictures.......I LOVE the art of photography (I took two photography classes in college using my Dad's Nikromat from the 1970s and developed my own photos--awesome)....I LOVE capturing moments. One picture really can say "a THOUSAND words" (no doubt about that).


Needless to say, this just may be my favorite gift I ever received!!! I am having a blast learning how to use this thing and reading all about it!!! I am excited to use it on our coming vacation (yay for warm weather and a break from work and school!) and with all the guests that will be staying with us over the Christmas holiday. :) :)


Can't wait to share these photos with you--CANNOT WAIT! :)


Merry Early Christmas & Happy Holidays to you and yours,

Kate

No comments: