Monday, September 21, 2009

39 Weeks--Baby Update!

A picture that Doug took of me in front of our fireplace after dinner with friends on Friday night. I was EXHAUSTED (not my best picture), but you can see how big I am/my belly is!


Well, we are 39 weeks and one day! And, according to my doctor, it looks like Baby Girl Smith will most likely be arriving rather fashionably late. Although her official due date was 09/27/09, it appears that she will have an October birthday instead. We are SOOO excited to meet her, so waiting a FEW more weeks feels like forever right now, but we are very happy to learn that she is in great position for birth and that at 38 weeks she was already estimated to be 7lbs. My Mom tells me that I, myself, arrived two weeks late and was well over 9 lbs. SO, she just might be following in my footsteps in this way?! We will see... :)

~Kate

6 comments:

Meaghan W. said...

I'm so excited for you and Doug! I bet you are exhausted, but you can't even tell in that picture. You just have the perfect round belly, and you look fantastic! Take it easy the next few weeks. I can't wait to hear her name! Will she have 2 middle names or no?... :)

Becky said...

You look beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl. And I love that she's already "fashionably late."

The Inspired Nester said...

hi kate-take it easy these next few days! i was a week late with stratton (a week and a half old now!) so i know how you feel! get some rest...excited for you and doug :) -meredith

Jodes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodes said...

Katie you look great! I hope I look as good as you do when our day comes.

I'm excited to see pictures of your little girl, I'm sure she'll be precious!

Best Wishes! Rest up!! :)
-Jodi

Kate said...

Thank you so much, Meaghan, Becky, Meredith and Jodi! :) Your encouragement means a lot to me!

Meaghan, she will only have one middle name. I still kind of like the idea of 2, but it's what we ended up deciding on. I think you'll like your middle name though (WINK). :)

Meredith, Congrats again! Stratton is one handsome baby. :)