Sunday, April 20, 2008

Liam's Baptism!



It was a wonderful beautiful weekend For Doug and I.  After work and a quick 3 mile run on Friday night, Doug and I headed to Chicago for a fun long weekend.  Although we arrived rather late to Mom & John's house, we had a great time catching up with them and enjoying some midnight snacks before bed.  You guys are awesome--thanks! And, in the morning, Doug headed to Kellogg for class, of course, and Mom & I went shopping, started to get ready and headed over to the church for Liam's Baptism on Saturday night.  Doug and I were extremely honored to be asked to be God-parents to our nephew Liam James.   I definitely got a little teary-eyed during the church service.  It was really beautiful and Liam was happy as always.  He was completely observant of everyone and was just really content being held. I believe that God has his hand on Liam, and we are excited to see him grow throughout his life--he's a blessing!
A little later this week I will post pictures that my Dad is sending me from the service (Thanks Dad!).  Unfortunately, Doug  & I remembered the camera and the camera cable, but did not bring the battery charger.  So, we have none of our own pictures. So, again, pictures to come!

After Liam's party that night, we had the opportunity to stay and visit with two people who have been particularly important in my life for many years, Rick & Karyn.  Karyn, in particular, was a huge influence in my life in my late teens/early twenties, and is still is a huge influence on me.  Doug, myself, Rick and Karyn unknowingly talked to 3 a.m., slept in a bit and talked and took a walk in the morning/afternoon and it was wonderful.  Love you guys--thanks for having us over!  We have missed you!

Here is a quick picture of me, Karyn & Rick.  This picture was taken on Doug's IPhone, so not the best, but a great memory nonetheless. :)



Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
Kate :)
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I am Sara Zigman, the Creative Director for three little ziglets. I was just curious when your blog came up on our google search, and I thought I would check it out.
We are delighted that you enjoy our products enough to put us on your list of favorite sites!
If we could ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact us at sara@threelittleziglets.com .
Have a great day!