Monday, June 30, 2008

"Friends are the sunshine of life." -John Hay



Doug & I hanging out with the gang :)


This weekend my best group of friends in the world came to visit. We have been best friends since mid 2000, when we met at Olivet Nazarene University, so exactly eight years ago, and since then Erin, Matt & Ted have been life friends (family) for me (Kate). We have all seen each other grow up, and I am so grateful for them --'My cup runneth over" :)


The last time all four of us were together was in 2006. Now, Ted lives (on and off) in China and finishing his masters in Philosophy at Northwestern University, Erin lives in Virginia and is a fabulous teacher and married to the Mr. Paul Anderson, Matt lives in Indianapolis and leads a band and is very successful in Sales, and of course I am here in Madison, WI , married to my AMAZING husband, Doug, and enjoying a career in Direct Sales, volunteering, etc. In short, we have grown up since we met at 18 years old.

Besides catching up and having great conversations, we visited downtown Madison, went out to eat and overall enjoyed everyone's company. Erin, Matt & Ted, thank you so much for visiting and for being such great friends to me & Doug.

"Good friends are like stars, even when you don't see them often, you know they are there...."


Love you all!
Katie :)


No comments: