Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beautiful Gifts :)

Just before I was going to publish this post yesterday, I received a devastating phone call from my Mom, telling me that our dear family friend (and my Mom's best friend of almost 30 years), Marsha, had died. She was only 55....a loving Wife to Ian, Mother of 5 and Grandmother.  We keep her husband and entire family in your prayers please.  I can't imagine the loss they feel right now. 
  I am going to dedicate my next post to Marsha, but Doug and I still wanted to post this and send our genuine heartfelt 'Thanks' to Aunt Marcy (a.k.a. Frud) and Uncle Fred for their super thoughtful sweet 'care package' they sent us over the weekend.  Doug was especially touched as some of these books (as seen in the picture  below) he read (and loved) when he was a young boy.  The books and note really BRIGHTENED our day and made us feel very loved.  Thank you again, Frud & Fred!!!! :)  We are so grateful!  "Baby Smith" is truly blessed to have you both in his/her life!


And, on top of a wonderful visit this weekend, my sister ,Valerie, and brother-in-law, Steve, brought over  all sorts of awesome  baby gear and gorgeous maternity clothes (for TALLS! My sisters and I are all nearly 6 feet tall...we are grateful to be the same size!).  Thank you both SO much.  this picture (below) only shows a fraction (I'm serious) of everything they brought....thank you again!  Plus, Valerie, also helped me start my Amazon Baby Registry with some of her 'must haves' for baby.  We are grateful!  Thank you!



Thank you again, Frud, Fred, Valerie & Steve!
Hugs & Love, 
Doug & Kate

No comments: