Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BIG News!!!


'Baby Smith' is due on 09.28.09!!!

 Doug & I have already shared the fabulous news with our family and many many of our dear friends, so we decided now would be a good time for an announcement on our blog of this JOYful news!    Yes, I am PREGNANT!!! We heard the heartbeat again yesterday at the doctor's office, which was just beautiful, and we are beyond excited (Doug and I both got a little choked up).   So, I am over ten weeks (just a couple more weeks until I am out of the first trimester, a.k.a.  'I feel sick all the time' trimester. :) However, I am still able to workout regularly (though I have toned down the intensity of my workouts to keep my heart rate at safe levels) and am eating well, so everything is 'so far so good'!.  We pray for 'Baby Smith' every night before bed  and are just enjoying every moment of this special time.  Thanks for sharing in and celebrating with us!

Also, I saw this 'creative' US Weekly announcement for some friends on  Becky & Mike's blog, "The Powers Family" (see right hand column for link to their blog),  and I showed Doug saying "this kind of announcement would be cute/humorous for our blog" and Doug surprised me in making/creating this cover ...I think it is perfect for this venue.  Thank you again, Hubby!!!

Much Love & Excitement, 
The Smith Family 
~Doug, Kate & Baby :)

4 comments:

Meaghan W. said...

I KNEW IT!! :) I've been checking your blog everyday, just waiting for you to say what your news was. Congrats! Yay!! That is so exciting! Looking forward to reading about your progressive baby bump. I saw that US Weekly magazine thing on Becky's blog, too. Sooo cute!

Kate said...

Thanks, Meaghan!! You were RIGHT!! Yeah, I am obviously not so good at keeping this kind of great news a secret..I wanted to tell everyone right away! I think because we were SO surprised ourselves with the news! lol
Hope you had a great time with Will's birthday festivities--you do a fabulous job CELEBRATING!
Hugs,
KSS

Becky said...

Yay!!!! I was wondering too! Congrats to you and Doug! Keep us updated!

K.C. said...

Love the US Magazine cover. You should have had Doug photoshop G-Pal in and announce that she was throwing your star-studded baby shower. ;)

Love it and love you!

Congratulations!