Monday, August 4, 2008

Family! Blake, Laura, Mom, John, Erica & Jenna Visited!

The four of us out to eat at "Old Fashioned" for brunch right across from the Capital.
BROTHERS--Doug & Blake.  Pretty handsome dudes. :)
The Lovely Laura & I--Two smiling ladies :)
The four of us by the lake--fun times--we LOVE being out by the water!

Doug & I had a fun and full weekend. My Mom, (Grandpa) John, my younger sister Erica and her daughter (and who is one of my God-babies) Jenna came on Friday night on their way up to see two of my other favorite little people, Alyse and Tryistan  (cute niece & nephew).  My Mom is always awesome and brings and makes Doug and I dinner (Thank you, Mom!)  And, thank you SO SO much John for doing all the little house projects for Doug and I that we do not know how to do just yet (Suburban living is different than Downtown Chicago living!)  John, I am sure all the Japanese Beatles that were eating our tree will tremble from now on when you come in town--haha!  Thank you-Thank you!   Everyone left early Saturday afternoon, but we all had a great time in a short amount of time! Love you guys!

And, when Doug came back from Chicago (Kellogg), he was extremely excited to see his very loved younger brother, Blake, and his amazing (truly) girlfriend, Laura (I hesitate to just call Laura 'Blake's Girlfriend' here because she has been around longer than I have....so we consider her family and have for a long time! She's fabulous.)  Anyhow, after some pie and yummy food at Hubbards's Diner, the four of us talked and watched 'home videos' from Blake & Doug's childhood and sipped Champagne.  They were very fun and hilarious.  Blake actually put all of the home videos his parents had and combined them in library format on DVD's (it took him a LONG time), but now we all have a wonderful library of memories that we will always have (and that are easy to replicate).     Thank you Blake (Soy Senor Puck, Soy Pequeno, Soy Terible!-Ha!)   Blake and Laura also came to our house bearing very thoughtful gifts for Doug & I's birthdays along with some yummy brownies.  You two are awesome!  Thank you again!

Because I could not find my camera charger when Mom, John, Erica & Jenna were here, we only have pictures of our time with Blake & Laura, but don't worry (LOL)...I am addicted to taking pictures.  I adore photography.  SO....there will be more pictures of them very soon...I am sure!  
Hope everyone has a great week.  Thanks for reading my blog and keeping in touch with us EVERYONE!  We have a little counter and just found out that I have had about 100 visitors a week. Considering I thought maybe 5 people were taking a look--Thank you all for taking the time to read the little tibits of our life here!  

Love, 
Doug & Kate :)

No comments: