Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GOOP!



I love GOOP!  What is it?  It is simply Gwyneth Paltrow's blog in which I am subscribed. Those who know me well know that I am a Gwyneth fan (Funny enough, Baby Smith's due date falls on her birthday-Ha!).  It is a joke among my close friends that I like to call her 'G-Pal'  and think that one day I might meet up with her in London for a glass of wine, conversation and a shopping trip while wearing Stella McCartney (please go ahead and laugh with me-LOL).  Obviously, I am kidding.   However, every two weeks,  I do receive fashion tips, recipes, information about a new place to travel and explore, or thoughts on life through her lovely blog.  Thus, each blog falls into a category of either GO, GET, BE, DO, MAKE, or SEE.

So, I thought I would share this recent particular post with you ,via Gwyneth (G-Pal).  In all honesty, it is a subject that I often think about and believe we all have struggled with--the weight of our words, thoughts and negativity about others.  Even when you try to take the 'high road,' sometimes our anger and hurt comes through.  Here's the intro from Gwyneth and the link to her blog to read on.....she has summoned the help of some bright people for their opinions.  If nothing else, you may find this interesting.  Here we go...


"Back in the day, I had a “frenemy” who, as it turned out, was pretty hell-bent on taking me down. This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry, I was all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous. I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness. There went the high road. So, why does it feel so good to hear something bad about someone you don’t like? Or someone you DO like? Or someone you don’t KNOW? I once asked the editor of a tabloid newspaper why all of the stories about a famous British couple had a negative bent. He said that when the headline was positive, the paper didn’t sell. Why is that? What’s wrong with us? I asked the sages to shed a little light.

Here’s to washing our mouths out with soap..."

Love,

gp_sig_be.png

 
To continue reading  on her blog, GOOP, click HERE
 
Your thoughts?!!

Hope you are enjoying your week!
Kate

No comments: