Thursday, September 18, 2008

Book Club! (Ladies Only) :)

The hats I made for all the ladies
Our fabulous hostess, Tracy, and I
Marisa (Posh Preggers Spice) and K.C. :)
Adele (who found a creative way to wear the hat :) ) & Marisa


Well, it's Thursday night, and I am exhausted in a GOOD way. :) After a full 8a.m.-5 p.m. work day full of sales meetings, networking events and everything else in between, I headed to the gym and ran my 3 miles, then headed to a lovely business meeting with Sarah for a 'dinner/wine' work discussion. After this, I then made my way over to Tracy's house to the GWC Book Club (A.K.A. the YaYa Book Club). And YES, this week I actually made the pink foam tiara hats with everyone's name on it featured in the pictures above (of course inspired by the YaYa Sisterhood--haha). It was fun night that was filled with substance. Thank you SO much Tracy for being such a warm and wonderful hostess!

So, the book that most of the ladies collectively read was "Stolen Lives." We all maintained quite the interesting discussion reagarding this memoir and this, of course, lead to a myriad of deeper issues and hard questions that typically have complicated answers, if any at all. I love these kind of nights....a group of friends together sharply discussing stories and abstract issues while sipping on a glass of Merlot....a beautiful life moment. :) I am SO grateful for your ladies....

Love, Kate
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or cying or pain, for the old olrder of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

No comments: