Sunday, September 21, 2008

Decatur Visit Part II--Dad & Grandma Stern!!

Me & My Dad :)
Doug & our Grams :) She ADORES Doug
Me & my Grams outside her building...
My husband & my Dad...being goofy before our movie. :) 

We were SO very excited to come to Decatur this weekend and see my Dad, whom we dearly love and see all the AWESOME work he has done renovating his 100 year old home.   For those of you who don't know, my Dad is a self-taught contractor of sorts....he really has so much talent and it was great to see how much work he has accomplished!  :)   Doug & I also just had a wonderful time  going out to dinner and a movie with Dad Saturday night....it was FUN--thanks again Dad! We love you!
 And, we were also VERY excited and blessed to see my 92 year old AMAZING Grandma.  I talk to my Grams about once a week, but do not get a chance to visit her as much as I would like (being 6 hours away).  So, we truly treasure our time with her.  We spent a lot of time during the day on Saturday and at breakfast today talking and laughing with my Grandma.   My Grams has THE best attitude.  She still work 5 days a week helping elderly people who need some assistance (she always says "I am NOT elderly, just really old"--LOVE THAT!).  Although, she told me on this visit that she is thinking about retiring....lol....I'll say it again, She's AMAZING.  Also anyone who knows my Grams knows that she is a great great storyteller...one of the best.  So, Doug & I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all that is going on.  She is truly 'sharp as a tack' at near  92 years old and is so very positive. :)     

So, above are just a couple pictures from this lovely weekend.  Thanks for sharing in it with us. 

Love, 
D&K

No comments: