Monday, November 3, 2008

Daniela! And, one more reason to VOTE!

This last weekend, I was blessed to have my good friend, Daniela, visit me here in Madison. Daniela and I met while working at Willow Creek in the Willow Creek Association Call Center, when I was still in college (2003) and when Daniela was fairly new to the Chicago area and interviewing for Marketing jobs. We were seated next to eachother and became INSTANT close friends who had a lot of fun and....well....we also often got in trouble together often for being late (those who know me well.... this is no surprise). In our defense, we were only 1 or 2 minutes late (literally) each time, but nevertheless, LATE! LOL So, Daniela and I hung out a lot outside of work....A LOT!!!! I used to go over to her home and hang out with Daniela and her great husband, Dave, as well. I remember talking with them about how I was SURE that I wouldn't find anyone that I would want to marry in Chicagoland, and in fact, would probably need to move oversees and "TRULY discover my purpose" before that would ever happen anyway. Well, over five years later, Daniela is a very successful Marketing Manager and still very happily married to Mr. Dave. I did NOT move permanantly oversees, but to the' far away land' of Wisconsin (JK), and the very next year I met Doug......who (needless to say) changed my mind about a lot of things and I did not need to live permanantly oversees (I learned) to find purpose in life (It is a journey afterall, isn't it?).

On a side note, don't Daniela and I look alike quite a bit? Daniela is actually from Germany (she still goes back fairly often to see family/friends) and I have European heritage, but anyway.....just interesting (we think).

Anyway, we had a lot of fun catching up! We had been out of touch for a little while due to cell/email changes, but we found eachother! (Gotta LOVE Facebook!!!)

So, just one more small reason to VOTE!! Participating Starbucks are offering a free cup of coffee to ANYONE WHO VOTES TOMORROW. If you tell them you voted (HONOR RULE, PEOPLE!! :) :) ) , you get a free cup. :) :) ENJOY! Here's the AD:
http://www.takepart.com/tag/free-starbucks-voting/


Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and am hoping we all don't have LONG lines to wait in tomorrow.

Hugs, Kate


No comments: