Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wisdom & a Frog :)


"Once you blend a frog, you can't put it back together."

Doug and I are grateful for a wonderful morning today... sleeping in, out to brunch and church! :) At brunch this morning, Doug was passionately telling me more about this speaker he really enjoyed in his Marketing class on Saturday at Northwestern. In addition to 'this important person' talking about Marketing at his company (his name was Doug, as well, by the way--good name!), he also gave a list of things that he wished he had allowed himself to learn earlier in life (I believe this man is currently in his fifties). And, one of those things is the quote above (he also showed a graphic of a frog and a blender, but probably a different/better one than this--lol). His point was that "you can't un-do what you have said or what you have done to someone...so think of the lasting effects before acting and speaking "(especially the serious stuff). WISE man, right?! I really enjoyed 'the visual' and the analogy on the whole....And, I LOVE love LOVE when humble wise individuals (this man is definitely leaps and bounds wiser than I from what I can see) speak about what they have learned in life.....SOOO helpful. Like Eleanor Roosevelt once said,
"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself." :)

P.S. I also had my first EMERGE classes Friday night and all-day Saturday in Milwaukee....it was amazing....will share more about the program and photos of our 2009 class later this week :)

Happy Almost Monday! ~Kate

No comments: