Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What inspires you? ! :)



Every so often.....I sit down and put together things that make me happy and that I hope for/am working towards....
Often, it's pictures of sunny beaches, dancing, smiles, celebrating, my current favorite fabric, pictures of my favorite interior design rooms, stories of God's faithfulness, pictures of ways I want to help others locally and globally, pictures representing joy, FREEDOM, gorgeous photography, pictures of exhaustive/challenging running paths , hard yoga poses, traveling, adventure, a favorite home (dream home...usually on the ocean :) ) , etc. You get the picture. My 'inspiration' board looks a lot like the one above....I love it. It is basically images that tell a story about who I am, what I love....it connects me with and inspires.....makes me feel understood and like these things are possible.
And, it's really simple. I'll buy a huge foam white board at "Michael's Craft Stores" for $1 , and use old magazines and simply cut out those words, pictures or phrases that inspire (glue or tape them on). You can keep it in your office, at home....whatever.....there are no rules. :) A lot of my friends here in Madison get together at a coffee shop once every couple months and bring magazines, ads, etc. and just have a ball....fun times!

Some people call it 'the law of attraction'....others call it goal setting....I just see it as inspiration that works for me...and hopefully you :)

Happy Tuesday!
Kate :)




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's fun that you do that. I bought a board a couple months ago to do the same thing. It's still blank at the moment, but you made me think about starting it again. :-)

Love ya girl!